Monday, February 19, 2007

CNY

Happppy Chinese (Lunar) New Year People~!!

Thanks lotsa to Jasmine, Stephen, Jessie, Huiching, Ruben, Ms Wg, AiTing, JieLei, MelChia for the wishing of cny by sms ;) Of course not missing out u guys out there who are happily celebrating the days with ur family/friends =)

Well~ first thing, am sure u guys, especially ppl like me, will be delighted that this day has come again as this is the day when we as the non-weds get red packets!! Yay… though there are some foreigners out there who aren’t as fortunate as their parents may not be here with them and some other countries who are also aren’t as fortunate to celebrate this days… anyways, I suddenly feel blessed that I can be here celebrating, though am in the midst of exams stress, which gonna happen next week for 4days…

My family has this practice of ‘Welcoming the God of Fortune’ into the house every yr on this day… as we follow the time of the welcoming from a fortune teller mum believes and for the past years that I could remember, we have been having the ceremony in the wee hours of the night… fortunately, the timing is between 5-7am this yr… however we woke up only at 630am!! Luckily, my sis woke up earlier than we do and we rushed through all the preparations ensuring we are still in time for the prayers just before 7am… to cut the story short, for those who wana get a glance of what this is about, there are some photos I took and the link is ~ After which, we went to my aunt’s place instead of my grandma’s this yr as my grandma has changed her place of residence due to her recent sickness and old age… that’s where we had most of fun where we crowd around during lunch, chit chats all around, rushing to be the first to get the red packets and all~… then, we proceed to my paternal grandparents house… phew~! We came just at the right time this year, firstly we are the first group to reach my aunt’s house earlier, and we are just in time too when we reach my paternal grandparents’ house… all the relatives are still present there, with some of them having to leave after catching up with few of us… I saw some of the newly weds of my cousins carrying their newborn babies/bringing along their young kids… New Lifes are created into this sinful world yet again~ =) oh yes!! My grandfather was so delighted to seeing my sis boyfriend whom she brought along… he even wanted to take a whole family photo with the boyfriend inside the photos together its such a rare sight to see it, and little did we know that my paternal grandpa’s father came from Jpn and he studied at one of top uni in jpn~!! Night falls and we are back to maternal side for dinner and the dinner cost a bomb~!! It cost Rp500,000, -(approx. S$85) and the food aren’t that nice.. Heard and tried myself that their quality of food served is quite delicious, with an exception to what I ate for tonight =/ But in anyways, it’s the new year and I guess the happiness in everyone is the most important eh =)

Hmm… as time flies as I am writing this, its already 1am now… making it 2am in Sg =) shall update with all of ya soon eh…these days had certainly made me think of what I have done during the past year(s) or so… oh well, people change and I hope all change for the better =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home